Monday, September 2, 2013

Kaiona Beach

Kaiona Beach is a great spot to snorkel.  To get here from the South side of the island, drive East on the H-1 or Kalanianaole Highway depending on where you're starting from.  Once you get near Waimanalo, this beach will be on the right hand side.  We call it 'pink beach' sometimes because of the large pink building right next to the parking lot.  The best things about snorkeling here is that there is tons of coral, and I always see turtles!  I don't know anywhere else that I see turtles every single time.  I like to snorkel out through the 'sand path' on the right.  I usually run into a sea turtle within a few minutes.  There is not a huge abundance of fish here, but I do find quite a few different species every time and even eels sometimes.  I would definitely go to this beach if you really want to see some turtles!


People like to catch octopus here



This is just an ordinary half of a pen...

But wait! A hermit crab has made the pen his home.  Silly crab.




Eel eating a dead trumpet fish.  Ewww...




Bonus pic!  The starfish mani/pedi I did :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment