Monday, June 16, 2014

Playing Catch Up

I guess I never really wrote about what we've been doing (besides our trips) since we moved back from Hawaii.  We stayed at my parent's house for a month while we were looking for a car and fixing up our apartment.  We own two apartment buildings in Ogden, and I got to choose from three.... interesting apartments to live in.  I of course chose the biggest one, but the carpets were in unbelievably awful shape.  I am grateful to have a handyman for a husband.  He took out all the carpets and put in laminate flooring.  So now we have moved in and I have tried to use decorative touches to make the ugly apartment look acceptable.  There are so many things about the apartment that are less than ideal, but I try to stay positive on this blog so I'll just say I am learning patience. :)

Bedroom before.  Grosses carpet I've ever seen in my life.

Living room carpet before

Living room after.  New laminate flooring!

Bedroom after.  The floor looks so much better!  Also, we supposedly have a king size comforter on our queen size bed, but somehow it's too small.  Tell me how that works. 
Something that I am very proud of is that Blake is a college graduate!  He got his Bachelor's in Business Administration from Weber State in May.  I knew it was going to be very hard for him to go back to school after having taken the two year break to go to Hawaii, so I am thrilled that he made it.  He is now applying for jobs.  If he finds a good one we will move and maybe even buy a house.  I am very excited.  In the meantime, and while he was in school, he is making his money by managing our apartment buildings.  I am earning money with my photography business, doing post-production work for the photographer I interned with, and selling stuff I don't need anymore (mostly clothes) on ebay. 

Since neither of us have a regular, 9-5 type job right now, we are spending lots of time away from home.  I've blogged about our vacations we've gone on, and we also spend lots of long weekends at Blake's sister Katie's house in Orem.  We love the time we get to spend there, and love their cute little family of 3.  It's so much fun being an aunt. 

I let myself get frustrated sometimes with our living/working situation, but I try to remind myself that it's really not that bad and we're doing great!  This week I plan on starting to work on some crafts I want to make for the new bedroom theme I have in my head, so that will be a fun project to make me excited about our home.


4 comments:

  1. We should do lunch or dinner sometime when you're down here in Orem! Also, I know the feeling of being frustrated with your living/working situation and feeling like your life is kind of on hold. If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking that we should get together again soon :)

      Delete
  2. Haha that carpet doesn't even look like carpet... Gross! The new floors look awesome! And congrats on graduating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was wrong with the pink walls? Just kidding. Take your comforter and turn it 90 degrees and see if it fits better. Comforters are notorious for not covering. Bedspreads sometimes do better. I love the tall ceilings in your apartment.

    ReplyDelete