Monday, June 30, 2014

What I Wore: June part 3-Striped maxi dress, leggings, and more

I decided this time to include approximate prices I paid for everything (except rings, because then everything would cost as much as my wedding ring, haha) so you can see how much I usually pay for my outfits.  I always have to laugh when I see people on tv showing you how to get a great outfit for 'only $200.'  Cheapskates for the win!

I wore this top along with black dress pants for the wedding I photographed that morning, then changed into denim shorts after because it's hot outside!





Black and cream lace top: Maurice's-$18
Black undershirt: Kim's Fashions-$7
Shorts: LA Idol pants from Plato's Closet that I cut off into shorts-$15
Necklace: Kohl's-$15
Ring: ebay
Nail polish: Abigail by Julep. I LOVE the 'silk' finish!
Outfit total: $55

I love the sequin roses on this dress.  I sometimes have a hard time figuring out what to pair it with, but I think the magenta sweater looks cute.




Sequin rose dress: Old Navy-$15
Magenta short sleeve sweater: Old Navy-$5
Brown leggings: Charlotte Russe-$5
Rosette sandals: Forever Young Shoes-$10
Rose necklace: Forever 21-$4
Outfit total: $39

I wanted to wear something casual and cool this day since I knew we were going hiking later. 


Cobalt blue ruffle shirt: Kohl's-gift
Denim shorts: Aeropostale-$15
Coral flower necklace: Forever 21-$8
Flip flops: Old Navy-$2
Outfit total: $25+whatever the shirt cost

I love this maxi dress!  It was actually long enough off the rack by some miracle, and it even has sleeves and a great neckline.  It's an all-around win.


Green striped maxi dress: Downeast-$25
Gold flats: Forever Young Shoes-$18
Gold skinny belt: Urban Outfitters-$5
Pink necklace: Downeast-$15
Outfit total: $63

I always laugh when I remember that this dress said 'knee-length dress' on the tag.  It's like... a foot above my knees.



Magenta dress: Forever 21-$13
White half-tank: Hapari-$5
Gray leggings: Papaya-$5
Cognac braided belt: Wet Seal-$3
Cognac sandals: Old Navy-$10
Outfit total: $36

So my average outfit was about $44.  Not too shabby, I don't think.  Stay tuned for a post coming soon about how I find the best deals on clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment