Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Biggest Preemie Milestone: Jensen & Everett's Due Date


Everett's having a bad day

Today is one year from Jensen & Everett's due date so that means they are 12 months adjusted!  I feel like we need to celebrate their birthday all over again.  One of my biggest regrets in life is that these guys didn't get to cook as long as we were hoping they would.  But they are doing so great all things considered and I am so grateful for that.

At 14.5 months old/12 months adjusted, Jensen and Everett are becoming quite busy little bees.  They are great at getting around by just keeping a hand or two on the furniture, and can even stand unassisted for a few seconds.  They could start walking any day!  I'm not sure how I feel about that... They have also recently learned how to climb onto tall objects like boxes and into their stroller and want to climb on everything.

They interact so much lately.  It is adorable.  They love to play with each other, but also tend to want to play with the same thing so sometimes they get in little fights over toys. They babble at each other and even learn tricks from watching the other one.  Everett learned to do this funny face where he breathes loudly through his nose during his cake smash when some cake got in his nose.  Since he got lots of attention for doing he, naturally he does it pretty frequently now (and I love it.)  The awesome thing though is that Jensen saw that everyone though his brother was cool so now he does it too.



My FAVORITE FAVORITE thing they do is dance!  Whenever any music comes on, whether it's from a toy or a ringtone or an actual song or a more upbeat hymn in church, they start boogie-ing.  Jensen gets really into it.  I am so happy that they love music.

They both know how to wave and Jensen is clapping too.  They are getting pretty good at throwing balls.  They love pushing around little toy cars.  They love going to church because everyone around us gives them lots of attention.  But they are also shy too sometimes.  They had their first trip to the park recently and seemed quite bored by the swing and the slide.  They were content just to ride around in their strollers, thank you very much.  They looooove being outside and get upset if the front door opens and they don't get to go out.  Their favorite things to eat include cheerios, cheese, grapes, oatmeal, and sweet potatoes.  Everett seems to be slowly weaning himself, but I think Jensen will nurse until he's 10 haha.

Everett still only has 2 teeth, but Jensen has 6 now.  He finally got his middle front teeth in addition to the next two upper teeth so soon he will look less like a vampire.  But I'll admit I kind of like his fangs.  He does seem to have a hard time with bright sunlight, maybe he really is a vampire.

The annoying thing about going out with twins is that so many people stop you to look at and ask about the babies.  For some reason EVERY SINGLE PERSON asks "twins?!?!?" and then "a boy and a girl?"  *Sigh*  My boys are dressed in matching, boyish outfits every time too.  I can't figure out why they think one of them is a girl and it drives me nuts.  Maybe because Everett's hair is longer?

We hit a big milestone a few weeks ago.  We had a weight check appointment and for the first time in their lives Jensen & Everett are both on the non-adjusted growth curve!  That means they weigh as much as a normal 14.5 month old would weigh.  Okay, they're like less than 5th percentile, but still.  I love how chunky they're getting.

I'm so grateful that I get to be the mommy to these two precious souls.  It is exhausting and hard, and I am always afraid of doing the wrong thing.  But I also get so much joy from watching them learn and grow, getting to know their individual personalities and dying over their cuteness.  They are becoming such wonderful little people and I am excited and terrified to see what comes next.  My only wish is that they'd stop growing up so fast! (And sleeping through the night would be great too.)

And now, a peek into a day in the life of Jensen and Everett.  I have entitled it: Everett Is Sad Because He Wouldn't Take His Morning Nap, Jensen's Just Happy To Get To Play On The Bed















No comments:

Post a Comment