Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Waikiki Beach

Waikiki Beach gets a lot of crap for being tourist central.  However, we think that it is a great beach for snorkeling.  If you're there during peak tourist season I imagine it can be pretty annoying, but if you are comfortable snorkeling, I'm sure you can go far enough out to avoid the mass of the tourists (which isn't really very far.)  We found lots of interesting creatures not too far from shore.  My biggest tip when it comes to Waikiki, which I will probably say a lot on here, is to park at Kapiolani Park.  It is free and within walking distance of most things you want to do in Waikiki.  When we went snorkeling at Waikiki beach we literally walked across the street from Kapiolani Park and snorkeled there.  Perfect.



Cool fish I hadn't encountered before

I'm not sure what this is...

Can you see the fish in this picture?

How about now?  It's a flounder!

No comments:

Post a Comment