Monday, November 17, 2014

17 Weeks, AKA 4 Months


This week I will be four months pregnant!  How cool is that?

I had my 16 week appointment last Tuesday, and I'm afraid we're not so sure on the gender of 'downstairs' baby anymore.  'Upstairs' baby has not changed on us though.  Twin ultrasounds are extremely confusing.  It is really hard to tell which baby you are looking at, and they were wiggling and flipping around so much!  I thought it was really funny how the doctor kept poking my belly to make them move the way he wanted them to.  He was actually surprised I hadn't felt them yet since they are so active.  I blame it on the fact that my stomach is always rumbling and churning, so I have no way of differentiating what is baby and what is just my stomach.  So I will now have to be patient and wait for my 20 week appointment to know both genders for sure.  Three more weeks.  Wish me luck!  I was pretty happy with what he had told me before, so I'm using this time to prepare myself so I won't feel too upset if it changes on me.

My doctor told me to take vitamin B6 since my nausea isn't going away on its own.  I think it is helping some.  I still have some pretty bad days, but on a good day I only feel sick for an hour or two out of the day.  Hopefully things will continue to get better.  I would really love to feel like a normal, mostly functional human being before I get too large. 

My babies are apparently replacing cartilage with bone this week, which I didn't even realize they were made of cartilage before.  So that's cool.  They're five inches long from the top of their heads to their bottoms!  Although 'upstairs' baby was actually measuring about a week ahead of 'downstairs' baby, so maybe that one's a little bigger.  Who knows. 

1 comment:

  1. Try ginger-anything for the nausea, ginger snaps, ginger candy, or even fresh ginger in soup or chopped up in small pieces can help a lot!

    ReplyDelete