Monday, November 24, 2014

18 Weeks

It's freezing and there's snow outside, so I'm taking pictures inside.  Probably from here on out.  Sorry.
My belly sure is growing fast these days!  I am feeling quite large, which I know is sad because the expanding has just begun.  I weigh the most I've ever weighed in my entire life right now, so take it easy on me, okay?  Today I decided it was time to pack away my clothes with structured waists and shirts that are getting too short.  I still have tons of non-maternity clothes that fit just fine though, and I can strangely still button up all but one pair of my jeans just fine.  I have my maternity clothes stored in the other bedroom until I actually need them.  It still freaks me out how my belly gets way bigger throughout the day, and then in the morning it's smaller again.  So weird.  (I take my belly pictures in the middle of the day, so it's kind of middle ground.)

A quick note about the nausea and vomiting: nausea is unchanged, and vomiting is back to it's once-weekly pattern.  How fun.

I'm starting to have some pain in the tailbone area.  My mom says that might mean I'm carrying in my back.  I told her with twins I'll probably be carrying them EVERYWHERE haha.

I bought my first baby clothes this week!  I got a set of onesies and then a set with a onesie, jacket, and pants.  I'm not planning on buying much, but I really wanted a few pieces that I knew I would absolutely love.  There are some really ugly baby clothes out there.  We also purchased some cloth diapers!  We bought a small stash so we can try them out and see if we like it.  They have great re-sell value, so even if we decide we hate it we should be able to recoup about what we spent.  We hope it will work out, because it will save us SO MUCH MONEY on diapers.  Really, the amount of money you need to spend on diapers for twins is INSANE, and we are looking for any good ways to save money that we can possibly find.

I'm feeling like it's time to start getting serious about all this baby stuff.  I have so much to plan and do, and I don't have as much time left as I would if there were only one baby.  Decorating and finding furniture for the nursery, choosing a childbirth class, figuring out insurance, thinking about my choices for delivery, deciding what baby stuff we'd like to buy, deciding on carseats (this one is so hard!), and so much more!

The babies are supposedly around 5 and a half inches each, not counting the legs.  Not sure why they don't include the legs, but whatever.  They yawn and hiccup, and maybe even suck their thumbs.  Awwwww.  They are so cute already.

1 comment: