Monday, November 10, 2014

16 Weeks


My belly has definitely grown this week.  My mom swears it grew from when she saw me on Thursday until she saw me Saturday.  Yesterday I wore a flowy shirt since I think fitted shirts totally make me look pregnant now.  Or maybe just chubby, I dunno.

I've developed lovely pregnancy rhinitis which makes me sleep with my mouth open and wake up with a scratchy throat.  It's not that bad though.  What is frustrating is that, yes, the nausea is still sticking around.  I am so grateful that it has been almost two weeks since I last lost my lunch though.  So maybe things are looking up???  I am trying so hard to find some magic formula that will keep me feeling good, but I haven't found it yet.  I think I need to face the possibility that I will be one of the unlucky ladies that doesn't ever get over the nausea until they deliver.  It is not an easy thing to accept.  Blake may or may not have come home to me crying on the bathroom floor when I wanted to just throw up and get it over with but couldn't, and didn't think I could do this for five more months.  Pregnant women, are they crazy or what?

I had no idea how hard it would be to pick what stuff to buy for the babies.  I've spent so much time on it and feel like I've gotten nowhere.  I'm mostly tackling car seats and strollers, which are hard as it is, but adding twins into the mix makes it 1000x harder.  That and how our one car is a Prius and thus won't fit really big car seats and strollers.  I think once I get that figured out I will feel much better.

I have gathered up quite the stockpile of maternity clothes thanks to finding lots of extremely awesome sales.  I've got like six dresses or so for between $4-$9 each.  I found a pair of maternity jeans for $6.  And lots of other awesome steals too.  I haven't bought anything that I don't really love or is a basic.  I think I will need one more pair of maternity jeans, since the ones I got have a low panel, but I think they will work for quite a while.  All of my regular clothes are still fitting, but I'm sure that won't be true for long. 

My next prenatal appointment is TOMORROW!!!  I am so excited and nervous, because this is the week he can give us the 100% instead of 99% sure on the genders.  So I'll be announcing what flavors the babies are very, very soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment