Friday, July 17, 2015

Jensen & Everett: 5 Month Update

It's hard to believe that these little guys are 5 months already.  Three weeks ago they were just over 10 lbs each, so I'm gonna guess they're around 11 lbs now.  It's incredible how much they've grown.  Their adjusted age is about 12 weeks.

A few days ago, Jensen rolled over for the first time!  He is also talking and smiling more.  It's so cute.  He loves watching us click our tongues and tries really hard to do it back.  He hasn't quite figured it out yet, but it's adorable to watch him try.

Everett is becoming really talkative and will tell us stories.  You can tell that he wants to be understood and have a conversation.  Sometimes he'll say back what we say to him.  My dad swears he said 'I love' haha.  He also laughed for the first time yesterday.  It was so cute.

They both love being in an upright position so they can see what's going on.  They like to chew on their fists and look at pretty patterns.  They want lots of snuggles and love being held, talked to, or read to.  It's so fun to watch them turn into little people.

I don't really like it when people make their lives look picture perfect in their blogs, so I'm going to be honest here.  This mom thing is getting really, really hard.  Sometimes I miss that first month or so when we had to wake them to eat and they would fall right back asleep.  I really believe that humans weren't meant to have more than one child born at a time because it is really too much for one person to handle.  I'm doing my best, but I physically can't keep them as happy as I'd like to.  Some days I feel like I can't do this.  Today has been a particularly bad day (Blake had to end up coming home from work for a little while to help,) so maybe I'm in a bad mood.  But I did know it was going to be like this at some point so I can't really complain.  I love them so much and it's hard to see them so sad, especially when there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it at times.  I don't think it helps that I have been basically sequestered to my house/the hospital since shortly after New Year's.  My dad asked me what I was looking forward to.  He told me you always need something to look forward to because that can give you a light at the end of the tunnel.  I told him I'd like to take them to Zoorassic Park at the Zoo in September.  So hopefully we will be able to do that.

Alright, enough of my little pitty party.  They have been giving us a 4-6 hr first stretch of sleep at night, so that has been pretty nice.  Their second stretch is usually 2-4 hrs.  That means I'm getting around 6-8 hrs of sleep a night and that is pretty awesome considering the circumstances.  I love looking at their perfect little faces.  I've never seen such beautiful babies (yes, I'm biased.)  There is nothing in this world that compares with snuggling your baby.  I know that I am so lucky to have two.

Taking a walk

Their first time at church!

Everett fell asleep like this.  I thought it was adorable.

Tummy time!

Their first 4th of July!

I like Everett's face in this one (right)

Jensen

Jensen, moments before he rolled over for the first time!

Jensen

Smiley little Everett

Everett
 
This pretty much sums up my life right now lol

Everett's booby lip sad face.

No comments:

Post a Comment