Thursday, January 14, 2010

Decorating is fun!

I've finally started decorating our new place.  It just seems a bit pointless to decorate when there's not even baseboards or outlet covers lol.  So today I took Blake to Hobby Lobby.  I love that store so much.  They're always having sales.  All of their floral stuff was 50% off so I got some lovely flowers, greenery, and black pebble things for this vase that we have.  I also got two more stretched canvases (they come in packs of two).  I love the flowers, I think they look so great on our bookshelf by that picture frame with 3 pictures in it that I think is so cute.  With the canvases I plan on doing something like this:
Of course the only canvases that were square were tiny.... and the big ones would have to be special ordered and cost me a TON, so I decided to stick with my 16x20s.  I was thinking black background, and then the tree would either be white, apple green, or the color of our wall (we still have paint left over from painting, it's a light tan color). 
Tomorrow I'm going to Tai Pan with my mom since I have a gift card for there.  I am so excited!  I love decorating!
Here's some pics of the new flowers:

No comments:

Post a Comment