Monday, January 11, 2010

Lately I've been thinking

I recently remembered something that my dad told me a while ago, and realized just how true it is.  He said that if you are trying to hide something, you are ashamed of it or know it's wrong.  If you don't try to hide it, you believe that it isn't wrong.  I was thinking about that and about how I see this all the time.  A little kid breaks a vase and then tries to hide it because they know it's wrong.  A person tells others what their religion is because they believe it is not wrong and it is nothing to be ashamed of.  A person doesn't want to introduce their significant other to their family because they know that really this isn't the kind of person they should be dating.  Thinking about this I also thought of what I am ashamed of, and what I am proud of.  When I was younger I used to hide who I was.  Now I am proud of what I am.  I am a tall redhead.  I am a Latter-Day Saint.  I am a believer in Christ and God the Father.  I am obsessed with fish.  I am an artist.  This thought also saddens me when I see people who are hiding their vices, but don't change, or those who flaunt their vices like a virtue.  I know we all have things we are ashamed of, and things that we are proud of.  Maybe we should take a look at those things and decide what we can do to make ourselves proud.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment