Monday, December 22, 2014

22 Weeks

Merry Christmas everybody!  There's something special about being pregnant during the Christmas season and feeling a sort of connection to Mary.  This week was fun because Blake got to feel the babies kick for the first time!  He thought it was so cool.  A few days later my mom felt them too.  She gave them a little nudge and got a big kick in response.  I told my sister to come feel them, but seeing my stomach move by itself was too freaky for her, haha.  I feel them all over the place all throughout the day, especially in the evenings.  Sometimes I am mean and poke them a bit to get a retaliation from them.  It's just the coolest thing!  They're my little buddies that I bring around with me everywhere and they are always reminding me that they're there.  I do wish I could tell which one I'm feeling where. 

My belly button is now officially gone.  It will probably become an outie soon, or as my mom calls it, a turkey timer. 

I have gathered up pillows (and maybe stuffed animals) from all over the house and arrange myself a little pillow fort in our bed every night.  It has really been helping me sleep better, although I still do feel tired most of the time.

Now for the not-fun stuff.  I have the craziest indigestion and reflux, along with still feeling sick to my stomach.  It's not pleasant at all.  And these extra hormones are causing my pelvis to start loosening already.  It is getting pretty painful to walk at times, especially later in the day.  I'm just being extra careful to not overexert myself and make it worse (by avoiding things like putting on pants standing up and moving my leg out to one side...)  I feel like it's way too early for this to be happening.  Oh well. 

I had Blake take round one of my maternity pictures this week!  I have a pretty non-maternity dress that will probably not fit very much longer, and since I was already getting dolled up for the family Christmas Tea Party I figured I might as well take some pictures too.  I know it's early, but it never hurts to take more pictures.

My mom and I found some super cute stuff for the nursery!  We bought adorable fabric and are going to be making everything for their cribs starting sometime after New Year's.  It's a big project, but I have time.  Although sometimes I feel like I have very little time because they might be here in March.  There sure is lots to do and buy and decide on and learn about!

No comments:

Post a Comment