Monday, December 29, 2014

23 Weeks

Today I'm 23 weeks pregnant!  The fact that I am pregnant has now been noticed by strangers, so I guess that means I'm officially a real pregnant lady.  The belly is starting to get in the way of things like putting on socks and picking stuff up off the floor.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do when it actually is ginormous...

Let's get the icky stuff out of the way.  The pelvic pain is giving me the pregnancy waddle already at times, which some people find hilarious.  Whatever, it hurts to walk, ok?  The indigestion and reflux are still very uncomfortable, and now I can add squished lungs to the squished stomach.  Yay.  I sometimes feel sick and laying down is the only thing that makes it somewhat better.  Plus I'm tired so I want to lay down anyways.  Yes, I know I'm pathetic.

The babies are kicking like crazy!  I always try to figure out what limb I'm feeling, but never can.

Christmas was so great!  I can't believe that next Christmas we will have BABIES!!!  I got lots of cute maternity clothes as gifts and so I decided I had better start breaking out the new wardrobe.  Most of them are still too big though.  My mom picked me out an adorable diaper bag.  She has good taste.  Blake even got his own baby-related Christmas gift from me.  I think he likes it. :)
Another gift I got were a few books about twin pregnancy.  I'm reading the book by Dr. Luke right now, and I'm finding it very interesting.  It wants me to gain A LOT of weight.  I have been unsure if I was gaining too much because I've gained more than most people with one baby at 23 weeks, but this book makes me feel better that my body is doing what it needs to be doing.  And there's the fact that my regular pants still fit.  Side note: What's the deal with all the pregnant ladies telling random blog readers how many pounds they've gained every week?  I don't really understand the draw, but maybe that's just me.  Something really cool I learned from my book is that twins actually develop faster than single babies, so if they were all born at, for example, 30 weeks, the twins would do better than the single baby.  Twins' growth in size also slows down sooner than a single baby's would, which signals to the body that the babies are done cooking and it's time to start labor.  So that's one of the reasons why twins are almost always born early and are considered full term at 37-38 weeks.  I still have lots left to read and learn, and I'm excited!  This book makes me feel like I'm in control and that I'm learning all the secrets to keep my babies as healthy as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment