Monday, December 15, 2014

21 Weeks


I'm so pregnant!  There is no denying it now.  Even though I'm not actually big enough for most of my maternity clothes to fit yet, I keep going through the fear cycle of 'how am I going to make it 17 more weeks if I keep growing this fast?'  I did wear a maternity top for the first time on Saturday.  I suspect that soon I will give up my pride and bust out the whole maternity wardrobe.

I think my nausea has been completely replaced now by food upsetting my stomach and/or making it hurt.  Is that the same thing?  I dunno.  It isn't after every meal, and some days are much better than others, but I can still expect to not feel great at some point of every day.  And I'm still very tired.  My doctor says by this point I should probably give up on hoping I'll snap out of the feeling sick thing.  Oh well. 

Speaking of the doctor, in case you missed it, we confirmed last week that we are having two boys!  Let the nursery planning begin!  Blake loves to refer to 'my boys' and say things like 'my boys want meat' (which my family thinks is hilarious.)  The doc also said everything looks fantastic.  I have no signs of labor and they are growing nicely.  I am so grateful that everything has been going so well!

Prenatal exercise is so great!  Yes, it's super hard to make myself do it, but since I've kicked it up to about 4x a week my aching back and hips have felt like 80% better!  It's kind of a miracle.  Now to keep myself motivated...

And now for the best part of this week.  Not only am I feeling the babies move many times a day, but I have actually SEEN them kicking my stomach a few times!  It is the most incredible thing!  A few weeks ago I was feeling sad because I didn't really feel connected with my babies and wondered if I was doomed to be a horrible mother who didn't love her kids.  But as soon as I really started feeling them it was just the most wonderful thing.  I love these silly little babies and every time I feel them move it makes me smile.  I don't know what my boys are doing in there, but it sure seems like they're having fun.  I feel them all the way from way low in my stomach to right by my ribs.  I can't even describe how freaky and amazing it is to watch and feel something punch you from the inside.  It sure makes me feel better about the not-fun parts of pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment