Saturday, August 23, 2014

Put a Bird on it! An Easy Way to Decorate a Throw Pillow


 Before we get started, if you haven't seen the Portlandia 'Put a Bird on it' sketch, please feel free to watch it now.  Portlandia is one of those shows that are totally dumb but I keep going back to for some reason.  I can't tell you how many times I've quoted the Sacajawea sketch even though it's the most annoying thing in the world to watch.  


If there's anything I love, it's super easy crafts that you can use to decorate your home.  Today I'm going to show you how I put a bird on a throw pillow.

1. Get a plain throw pillow that you like.  I bought two apple green pillows for my couch.

2. Draw or print out the shape you want and then cut it out.  I wanted a bird on a branch, so I sketched it out on a piece of paper.

3. Pin the paper on felt and cut it out.  Don't make the mistake I did, buy non-pilling felt!

4. Hand stitch around the edges of the design onto your pillow.

5. Done!  See how easy that was?


No comments:

Post a Comment