Thursday, August 14, 2014

TBT: 5 Years Ago (Tomorrow)

I'm going to skip ahead for a minute in our little love story because tomorrow is the anniversary of a momentous occasion.

It was August 15, 2009.  That morning I woke up and got ready as always.  Blake had gotten home from his summer working in Arizona the day before, and I was eager to see him.  Although we weren't actually engaged yet, I had already put money down on our reception location a month or so earlier.  We were serious about this thing.  Blake had bought a ring for me in Arizona and was having his aunt and uncle who are jewelers put a diamond on it since the ring was an anniversary band.  Blake told me that morning that the ring was ready and so we should go pick it up from them in Ogden.  I thought it was weird that he wanted to bring me along to pick it up, but he does strange things sometimes so I went along with it.  The funny thing is that we had our engagements scheduled later that day, so I knew he was going to propose before that evening.   

Blake arrived at my parent's house and we left together for Ogden.  He asked me if we could make a quick stop on the way there, and I said that was okay.  He pulled into the parking lot at Union Station, the place where most of our dates happened. 

"How about we take a walk around," he said.  We walked past the train tracks and all around the outside of the building.  Finally, he led us toward the trains and then right by the blue 2002 Olympics train car.

"Remember this spot?" he asked me.

"It's where we had our first kiss."

"Maybe we should try that again." 

When I opened my eyes afterwards, he knelt down and held out my ring, diamond and all

"Amanda, I love you.  Will you marry me?"

"Yes!"  And then the hugging and kissing and being super happy commenced, and the "officially engaged" period began.
Re-enactment later that day
5 years later and I'm still in love with this ring.  And my husband too.

No comments:

Post a Comment