Thursday, August 14, 2014

I'm Pregnant!!!

Today we finally got that positive pregnancy test we have been wanting for so long!  Instead of finding out at home, we found out at the doctor's office.  This is a little TMI, but I was having bad cramping after every time I used the bathroom, and since that is not an early pregnancy symptom I've ever heard of, I decided to get checked out in case it was a UTI or something.  I was able to meet with a CNM.  She didn't seem to think it was a UTI and instead thought it could be a result of early pregnancy shifting my organs around a bit.  The urine test was not showing an infection.  She wanted me to take a blood test to check for pregnancy, but I told her last time I got blood drawn I fainted.  So she was going to have me go home and take a pregnancy test in a few days like I had planned.  As we were about to leave, she asked the nurse if they had enough urine left to do a pregnancy test, just in case it would show up this early.  So we waited a couple minutes and the nurse told us it was positive!  I gasped a little and looked at Blake with the biggest smile on my face.  The midwife gave me a fistbump and congratulated us.  I gave Blake a big hug and tried not to cry too much as we walked out to the car.  I was so happy, and also in disbelief.  When you've been having negative tests for most of a year it's surprising when you actually get a positive.  When we got home, I took another pregnancy test just to be sure.  Yep, still positive!  I still can't believe there's a baby in there.  It's nuts.  I'm trying to tell myself that I shouldn't get too excited because I might miscarry or something.  But guys, there's a HUMAN in my BELLY!  How crazy is that?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment