Sunday, August 24, 2014

5 weeks

I know it's silly to take these pictures so soon.  Try to get over it. :)
We told my family today!  When my mom got pregnant for the first time, she told my dad by taking a stuffed rabbit that she had made and putting it on it's back on the table and drawing x's on it's eyes to make it look like it was dead.  For those of you who don't know, way way back in the day they used to have to kill a rabbit to do a pregnancy test.  Not sure why.  But, that's why the dead rabbit.  So, last time I was at my parent's house I snagged my old pink stuffed rabbit that I was given for Easter when I was a kid.  I cut out little x's and stitched them over it's eyes and put the bunny in a bag.  We were going up to Logan that day to see my dear cousin Haley give her mission homecoming talk in church.  My brother lives in Logan and so I knew it would be a good time since the whole family would be together.  After sacrament meeting, I made all of my family come outside.  They kept asking 'why?' and 'what are we doing?'  They are not good little sheep.  But I finally got them all there and told my dad I had a birthday present for him (his birthday is close to what I think the due date is.)  I handed him the bag and he opened it up.  They were so surprised!  My mom kept saying, 'You stinker!' which I'm not sure what she meant by that really.  Haha.  My brother and sister didn't quite get it so mom explained about how she told dad she was pregnant and about the rabbit-killing test.  It sounds really morbid when I write it down, but it was cute and fun in real life, I promise.  I know most people probably wait longer, but I'm glad I didn't.  It made me a little more excited and I am so happy I get to talk to a woman about my pregnancy now.  I'm still having a hard time believing that I'm really actually pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment