Monday, October 13, 2014

12 Weeks

Aaaaah you can see it!  Look at my babies!!!
We made it to the magical 12 weeks!  Having a cold while throwing up was no fun at all, but now I'm mostly over the cold except for a little residual stuffy nose, which will probably stick around for another week, knowing my body.  I am happy that I survived my first pregnancy cold without taking anything besides vitamin C.  I will be very lucky if I make it through the winter without catching at least one more cold.  Usually Blake and I go back and forth having colds all winter.  I've figured out that on good days I can usually manage the nausea and throwing up by snacking on good food really often.  I feel like I am eating way too much food, but really that's not a bad thing for me right now.  I was finally able to use our scale and I have almost gained back the weight I lost right before getting pregnant, which is a great thing.  I definitely have a little baby bump now.  The weird thing is that it's tiny in the morning, but by night time it's so much bigger and really tight-feeling.  Maybe it's just from eating throughout the day, I don't know.  But it's weird finally feeling like someone might be able to notice my stomach.  I had my first super weird pregnancy dream in which I watched Blake murder and decapitate some random lady.  It was terrifying.  The weird thing is that my mom said she used to have similar dreams while pregnant.  So I guess it's normal???? Even though I feel miserable alot, I am feeling so grateful and happy about my two little babies.  I know I could be feeling much worse (I've read about hyperemesis gravidarum) and we could easily have not been able to get pregnant, so I am feeling very blessed.  I told my grandmas and most of my aunts and uncles about our pregnancy this past weekend.  Grandma J was so excited that someone in the family is finally having twins! (Grandpa J was a twin, as were his brother and sister.)  Grandma B is so cute, she brought out a little baby quilt she made and said she had this ready for me because I was next in line to have a baby, but now she'll have to make me a second one too.  Sharing the news with my family made me feel so loved!

This week is very exciting.  We have our next appointment tomorrow, and if we are very very lucky we will get to find out the genders!  I would love that because then I'll know what to buy for them at Disneyland.  Oh yeah, we are leaving for our 8 day California road trip this weekend!  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  This Wednesday is our FIFTH anniversary!  I can't believe it's five years already.  There is so much to do this week to get ready for the trip and finish decorating and putting our house together, plus if we find out the genders I will need to get ready for our gender reveal party so we can have that the day after we get back from California.  So many exciting things are happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment