Monday, October 6, 2014

11 Weeks

On Saturday I came down with a cold.  It makes me mad because the only time I've been in public for like a week is going to the grocery store for an hour on Wednesday.  Really?  Getting a cold from going out for an hour?  I'm afraid this might be a very awful winter.  Having morning sickness and a cold is, frankly, horrible.  I tried desperately to find something that I could take, but apparently they're not even sure if Ricolas are safe for pregnant women.  Especially since I'm still in the first trimester, I decided not to risk even taking an Airbourne or Halls cough drops.  So I got myself some Vitamin C drops to suck on to help with my very sore throat, some tissues, and some chicken broth.  I am just praying that I will be over it by next Tuesday because I don't want to have to miss my 12 week appointment.  If we're really lucky, we'll get to find out the genders at that appointment.  My mom was able to find out about my sister at her 12 week appointment.  I have so much to do this week and next to finish putting our house together and get ready for our vacation next week.  Yet I might need to spend a few days in bed resting in order to let my body fight this cold without the help of medicine. 

It's a strange feeling to love these little babies so much even though I've never actually seen them, besides the little blobs from our first ultrasound.  As frustrated as I get with my emotions, morning sickness, and other things I don't blame them at all for it.  They are supposedly about 1.5-2" long now, and are moving around like crazy.  Not that I'll be able to feel them for a long time.  My stomach is definitely bigger, but I'm still not sure if it's from the babies or if I am just gaining weight/very bloated.  You never know.  My pants still fit the same, which is odd.  I haven't been able to weigh myself for a while due to not having anything but carpet in our house, so I'm not sure if I've gained weight yet or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment