Monday, October 20, 2014

13 Weeks





According to my doctor, I am now in the second trimester!  Woohoo!  One-third of the way done! Here's how my 12 week appointment went down.  All of my bloodwork from my first appointment came back good, which I was grateful for.  We got to have another ultrasound and he said the babies are doing great!  He was also able to tell the genders!  He said it is possible for it to be wrong since it is quite early, but he said he was 99% sure and that is good enough for me.  We are going to have a little gender reveal party for our families when we get back from California so you will have to wait to see the blogpost about that to find out what he told us.  The baby towards the bottom of the screen was kicking around like crazy and even changed which direction it was facing.  That was really fun to see.  It is so cool that they actually look like little babies now!  Last time they just looked like misshapen blobs.  He also told me that I should plan on not having a c-section unless the first baby ends up being breech, so that was very reassuring.

Supposedly my babies are each the size of a peach now.  That seems so huge!  I'm not sure how two peaches fit in there without me showing very much.  Speaking of, I think I'm definitely in the 'has she been eating too many cheeseburgers' stage of belly expansion.  (Which is funny because I've never eaten a cheeseburger in my life.) I don't think any stranger would think I was pregnant, but people that know me would probably notice that my tummy is bigger.  All of my clothes still fit though.  I hear things start happening faster once you hit your second trimester, so maybe I will look like a legit pregnant lady soon.  That will be weird.  I still sometimes feel like it's not real...

I'm starting to feel better from the nausea I think!  Of course, maybe just being on vacation and out of the house could be helping too.  Distractions are always good.  But either way I am definitely feeling much more capable of doing normal things.  I'm trying really hard to come up with something cute to do here that we can take a picture of and use to announce our pregnancy to the world.  My first idea is proving to be much harder than I thought it would be and I am getting a little frustrated.  Hopefully I'll figure things out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment