Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Julep Spring Mystery Box

Julep released Spring Mystery Boxes back in March.  Being a big fan of spring colors I decided to get one.  Here is what I got and what I think about it.
My review on the chocolate eggs: delicious.
I know these little hair tie thingies are all the rage, but frankly I couldn't get them to not slide out of my hair.  So I use them when I just need to pull my hair up temporarily.
I got a tube of SPF 30 Daylight Defense for Hands & Face.  This is a product I can get good use of, since I wear sunscreen pretty much every day unless I know I won't be leaving the house.  It seems to do a great job of protecting me from the sun, and I appreciate that it doesn't have any parabens.  It does, however, smell slightly strange.  Like almost rotten flowers or fruit or something?  But it's not bad or strong enough to make me not use it, and the smell goes away quickly.  At least it's a change from normal sunscreen smell I guess.
The nail file that was included was a nice touch.  Not better than any other nail file, but when you do your nails often you always need one of these around.
I am excited to try their One-Step Polish Remover Pad.  I'm saving it for when I'm on a trip and need to bring polish remover with me.
Ashley is a shimmery orange color.  I am not super into orange, but I ended up with another color that matches it but is a creme, so they could make a nice pair.
I tend to avoid glitter polishes when possible because they are so ridiculously hard to remove.  But this glitter, Camille, is perfect and I love it!  It is just simply irridescent sparkles, which really looks lovely with pretty much anything.  I did a cute Easter mani/pedi with mint on my fingers and baby pink on my toes with this color on top, and it was adorable!  This is definitely my favorite glitter ever.
Lauren is a nice bright pink.  It's a little more sheer than I would like, but it goes on great and is a cute color.

I think the theme was very fun and it was exciting getting this.  I will probably not be getting any more mystery boxes in the future though.  Maybe if they were cheaper.  They have had another mystery box since this one, and seeing what people got I know I would not have been nearly as happy with that one as I was with this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment