Tuesday, April 16, 2013

NewBeauty TestTube Winter 2013

NewBeauty TestTube is another subscription service, but this one focuses more on skincare.  I loved what I got in my Winter 2013 tube.  You can find out all the info about the TestTube here: http://www.testtube.newbeauty.com/
The first item was a sample size of Vichy Liftactiv Serum10 and Liftactive Eyes.  I'm not really old enough yet to get much use out of these products, but I tried it on my skin and it didn't irritate my skin or anything, so that's good.
I also received a full size Dr. Brandt Pores No More Cleanser ($35 value!).  I have been using it nightly and think it does a great job of cleansing and removing my face makeup.  I can't say if it's done anything for my pores though.  But I will definitely use all of this.
There were some items that everyone got and then some random ones that everyone got some of.  This was one of those random items.  It is the colorescience Sunforgettable SPF 30 Sun Protection.  I looked it up online and it is a full size product worth $50!  It is a powder sunscreen which is something I had never used before.  It's nice that it doesn't leave icky greasiness behind like normal sunscreen, and it seems to work well.  Living in Hawaii I will have plenty of opportunity to use this.
Another item was a sample of Stila Skincare Face the Day moisturizer.  This item seems to do it's job quite well, but it sure smells strong.  Not in a perfume way, in like a chemical way.  It's kinda weird.  But it seems like a nice, non-greasy moisturizer and I will use it.
This full size Mally Eyeliner was another of the random items.  I feel like I really lucked out with my random items because some people didn't sound as happy with theirs.  Or maybe I am easy to please.  This eyeliner is pretty good.  I am not a black eyeliner kinda gal, but this one is a bit softer than normal blacks so I can pull it off.  It also seems to stay better than most pencil eyeliners I've used.
A full size item that everyone got was a Tarte Amazonian Clay blush (worth $25.)  I'm afraid I am not quite skilled with blush as I tend to avoid it since my skin can be reddish at times.  But I have tried this out a few times and it seems pretty nice.  It is a very bright almost purply pink color so I have to go very light on it and blend it in well. 

The last item which isn't really exciting but is very useful is a packet of Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes.  I tried one out and it doesn't bother my skin and seems to take off makeup just as well as the rest of them.  I will be saving most of these for when I travel, as they are very convenient for that.
So there it is, my NewBeauty TestTube.  Overall I was very happy with what I got and have found a use for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment