Monday, April 8, 2013

The Amazing Adventures of Us and Our Friends

It has been great having friends and family come visit us.  In December, my immediate family came, then January my dear cousin Haley came.  In February, Blake's cousin Colette and her friend Lindsay visited us.  In March, Aaron's friend Bryce crashed at our place for a few days.  And then in April, my friends Nicole and Nathan stayed in a newly-vacated room in our house.  I've already blogged about the first two visits, so now I'll blog about the last three.

First, Colette and Lindsay.  We sure had some fun with those two.  I had never met Lindsay before and had only seen Colette a few times, but I think they are both amazing people and I'm so glad they came!  We had to work a lot when they were here, but we got to spend a couple days with them and we filled it with awesomeness.  We hiked Maunawili falls again, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite hikes.  It's just long enough to be a good hike, but not too difficult or steep.  This time it was super muddy because there had been rain recently, and believe it or not I thought it was extremely fun.  I did end up with mud all over my clothes and skin though, haha.  This time we decided to jump in the pool and swim around.  Here's a video of Colette and Lindsay jumping in.
I have video of me jumping in too somewhere... but I can't find it now.  It's probably on Blake's phone.  It is probably pretty hilarious because I screamed like my death was approaching.  So now I have done my cliff jumping and I'm done forever.  ;)  After that we got lunch at my favorite, Mexico Lindo, since it is like 2 miles away from the hike, then went to Pali Lookout to see the sights.  It was actually super windy this time, I mean it's always kind of windy but this time is the most windy I have ever seen it.

The next day we went to the Aloha Stadium Swap meet in the morning.  It was okay, but I'd rather go to the International Marketplace because it's smaller and doesn't cost money to get in.  It definitely was worth it though because Blake bought my V-day gift there.
Then we went paddleboarding.  That was something I had never done before and kind of wanted to try.  Lucky for us Colette and Lindsay had rented one using a Groupon.  I don't know why I never thought of looking on Groupon for Hawaii stuff before.  I did think paddleboarding looked kind of lame, so my expectations were low and it ended up being more fun than expected.  Not a can't-miss kind of fun, but not super boring like I thought it would be.  Three stars.




And the girls had to take a picture of our feets because we all had pink polish.  Presh!  Guess which ones are mine haha.
Hint, I'm the one that lives in Hawaii.


Next up is Aaron's friend Bryce.  Aaron did lots of stuff with Bryce that we didn't do and so I can't really tell you about all that.  But we did do the Pillbox Hike with them and go to Makapuu beach to watch them attempt to body surf.

The only picture I took of Bryce



And just a few days ago, Nicole and Nathan headed home after a fun week in Hawaii.  We had to work several of the days they were here, but thanks to the jellyfish stinging the heck out of people at Hanauma Bay we got an extra half day off to spend with them.  (Sorry to those people who got stung, estimates were around 35 of you.)  The first day I got to spend time with them we went to Sea Life Park.  We watched one of the shows together and then I got to watch them do the Dolphin Royal Swim.  Which was really fun to watch but also slightly jealousy-inducing.
Yes, he's riding on dolphins

Yes, she's being kissed by a dolphin
We also found a shorter hike that takes you to a waterfall that you can jump off.  I think it's called Nuuanu Falls.
Nicole taking the plunge
Then we went up to North Shore, starting at the Dole Plantation, then Waimea Bay where we got the crap beat out of us, then to Matsumoto's.  Because you can't visit the North Shore without going to Matsumoto's.
So that was going to be all the time we had for them, until....
So then we hiked on the Old Pali Road to a waterfall.  Which was barely trickling, but oh well.  Then went to Lanikai Beach and ended the day with malasadas.

Thank you everyone who visited us and shared their vacations with us!  It has been a blessing for us living out here so far from friends and family.  We don't have any scheduled visitors for May yet, but Colette has decided to move to Hawaii and she'll be coming at the beginning of the month!  We are very excited to have her around for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment